Two men attending Sunburn Music Festival died after feeling uneasy outside the venue last Friday. The 3 day event took place on December 27 to December 29 in Vagator, India. The Chainsmokers, Flume, DJ Snake, and Martin Garrix were the headliners of the festival.
According to IndiaToday, the two men, Sai Prasad and Venkat (full name not known) were standing outside the venue while waiting for the gates to open. After collapsing to the ground, they were taken to the state run Azillo hospital in Mapusa town where they were declared dead.
Whether or not the cause of death was due to drugs is currently uncertain. A police official has stated, “It can be heart attack or drug overdose or anything. We can’t say anything till we have postmortem report.”
This unfortunate news comes shortly after the #BanSunburn hashtag was trending across the country due to several social concerns.